This is the story of a multi-year agile adoption across an Internal Audit community of ninety people at Nationwide Building Society. What has been achieved is remarkable in the audit industry, at both a team and community level.
Regardless of your business sector, if you're interested in how agility can help outside of IT and thinking about improving agility, you will benefit from this session.
This from the trenches case study is packed with valuable lessons to share:
- What do we mean by business agility, in practical easy to understand language
- The benefits of being agile (outside of IT)
- The reasons for change and what measures to use to gauge how it's going (#BVSSH)
- How to approach a business agile transformation (outside of IT)
- What are the differences with IT, with practical examples of what works (and does not!)
- Why we started using the Scrum team-level framework and why we now have an bespoke iterative sprint based approach (scrum-like!)
- The role of the Agile Champion, and how to avoid the 'keep spending' agile coaching model
- What's possible with business agility, and the pitfalls and lessons.